Working together on Sustainable Care – keeping care fit for the future
It is necessary to provide good healthcare in the future. This is only possible with healthy people on a healthy planet. That is why Vanguard has signed the third edition of the Dutch Green Deal – a cooperation of industry associations, ministries and other organisations.
Under the slogan “Working together on Sustainable Care”, is the Green Deal 3.0 the health sector’s response to the call for immediate action to combat climate change and pollution.
With a focus on health promotion and prevention, specific measures are placed from 2023 to 2026. Signatories commit to the following six goals:
- more commitment to health promotion in order to keep both patients and staff in good health longer
- more knowledge and awareness of the impact of health care on climate and the environment, and of the impact of climate and the environment on health.
- 55% reduction in CO2 emissions by 2030 (compared to 2016) and climate neutrality by 2050.
- 50% increase in the circularity of materials and raw materials by 2030 compared to 2016 and maximum circularity by 2050
- 50% less consumption of primary raw materials in 2030 (compared to 2016) and maximum circular supply in 2050
- less environmental impact of pharmaceuticals
Medical Remanufacturing by Vanguard enables circular economy that will become the new standard. To actively promote sustainable development in the Netherlands, Vanguard is also working with the scientific and professional network Landelijk Netwerk de Groene OK. Their goal is CO2-neutral care.